|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Day(s)||Timing||Campus|
|1st of every month||TBD||42 weeks||Self Study||Self-Pace||Online||Apply Now|
|September 10, 2018||August 16, 2019||42 weeks||Tues, Weds, Thurs||9:00am - 5:00pm||In-Class||Apply Now|
|January 14, 2019||December 15, 2019||42 weeks||Tues, Weds, Thurs||9:00am - 5:00pm||In-Class||Apply Now|
|May 13, 2019||April 19, 2020||42 weeks||Tues, Weds, Thurs||9:00am - 5:00pm||In-Class||Apply Now|
Easton Education’s Diploma of Pre-Optometry Sciences program provides aspiring medical and healthcare students with the prerequisites required for attending international optometry schools. This program plays an important, intermediary role in a student’s educational path. We enable our students to partake in greater learning opportunities through our Diploma Pre-Optometry Sciences program. Our knowledgeable and professional instructors not only educate but also tutor and advise students throughout the course of their study. Students are instructed based on a rigorous curriculum, which will set a solid foundation for students to build upon in their future studies.
Community Health & Wellness I
Organic Chemistry I
Cell Biology & Histology
Human Anatomy & Physiology I
Community Health & Wellness II
Organic Chemistry II
Human Anatomy & Physiology II
Community Health & Wellness III
The objective of the Pre-Optometry Sciences program is to facilitate an accessible pathway for pre-optometry students to complete the accelerated diploma program and lead onto their future educational path in medicine by studying at international optometry schools.
The Diploma of Pre-Optometry Sciences program is a three-semester lecture style program. The program consists of three 14-week semesters (42 weeks total) and students earn a total of 150 credits upon completion of the program. It is recommended that notes are taken during class and the Instructors will provide a list of recommended textbook that will be required for the program. The textbook will be a useful source to follow and even after the courses are complete. Students will undergo various testing methods including quizzes, tests, midterm exams, final exams and assignments.
Who should take this program
This program is for aspiring optometry school students who would like to get an in-depth knowledge and foundation as well as get the require prerequisites to attend an international optometry school. This program plays an important intermediary role in a student’s educational path. We enable our students to partake in greater learning opportunities provided through the program.
What are the admission requirements
– Completed application form
– Official transcript(s) from high-school or post-secondary school with a cumulative GPA of 2.8 (“B” grade)
– Color photograph of the applicant
– Resume or Personal Statement. A personal statement is summary of the students’ interests, goals, personal attributes, etc. that can classify the student as a suitable candidate for the program of their interest. Please limit personal statements to 500 words.
– A letter of recommendation from a teacher, professor, employer, work/volunteer supervisor or any professional individual that is not personally related with the applicant.
– Proof of English proficiency (IELTS – 6.0 or better); if applicable.
What credential will be awarded upon completion of the program
Upon successful completion of all academic and financial obligations, students will receive a Diploma of Pre-Optometry Sciences.
This program is available in-class and through distance education (online).
- Duration : 42 Weeks
- Skill level : High School Graduate
- Language : English
- Certificate : Yes
- Request this course in a different delivery format