|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Day(s)||Timing||Campus|
|1st of every month||TBD||36 weeks||Monday-Friday||TBD||TBD||Apply Now|
Easton Education’s Postgraduate Diploma in Internal Medicine program provides graduate medical doctors with the most up to date and relevant knowledge and experience in internal medicine. This postgraduate program will provide students with medical knowledge and skills for interpreting complex health issues and the important components relating to prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases in adults. Students will gain further knowledge in the most key areas of internal medicine including using the most up to date medical science available and the patient-doctor relationship protocol. This is a professional development program, which will allow International Medical Graduates (IMGs) to update their knowledge & get patient exposure to become competitive applicants for medical residency positions.
Benefits of the program
– Direct exposure to patient care with qualified preceptors at renown teachings sites
– Attain personalized letters of recommendation and end of placement evaluations
– US/Canadian clinical experience
– Establish relationships by working with department chairpersons, program directors, existing residents & fellows.
Internal Medicine (12 weeks)
Family Medicine (12 weeks)
Elective 1 (4 weeks)
Elective 2 (4 weeks)
Elective 3 (4 weeks)
The objective of the Postgraduate Diploma in Internal Medicine is to facilitate the successful integration of highly skilled, knowledgeable and experienced internationally trained medical graduates into the internal medicine practice healthcare system in USA or Canada.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Internal Medicine is a professional development program where students will undergo 36-weeks of clinical placements (3 semesters) to achieve more exposure and understanding in the practice of internal medicine in the US or Canadian healthcare system.
Who should take this program
This program is specifically designed for international medical graduates looking to achieve more exposure in the practice of internal medicine in the US or Canadian healthcare system. This program does not provide any advanced standing or any indicate certification or licensure to practice medicine. Individuals should refer to their local legislative requirements to attain licensure to practice medicine.
What are the admission requirements
– Completed application form
– Official transcript(s) from a World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS) recognized medical school
– Color photograph of the applicant
– Resume or Personal Statement. A personal statement is summary of the students’ interests, goals, personal attributes, etc. that can classify the student as a suitable candidate for the program of their interest. Please limit personal statements to 500 words.
– Proof of completion of Medical Council of Canada (MCC) or United States Medical Licensing Examinations (USMLE); if applicable.
– Proof of English proficiency (IELTS – 6.0 or better); if applicable.
What credential will be awarded upon completion of the program
Upon successful completion of the program, students will receive a Student Performance Evaluation (Dean’s letter) and a Postgraduate Diploma in Internal Medicine.
This program is available on-site at various affiliated medical centers/hospitals. Easton Education will help facilitate students to attain a US visa for clinical placements for the duration of the program.
- Duration : 36 Weeks
- Skill level : Medical School Graduate
- Language : English
- Certificate : Yes
- Request this course in a different delivery format